We are GD Systems (UK) Ltd. Company Number 05642852. We trade as GD Systems at :-
22 Teignbridge Business Centre, Cavalier Road, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, TQ12 6TZ
This Policy was last updated in May 2018 in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Information we collect from you and where we get it
We collect personal information about you when you complete our on-line forms, from emails and telephone discussions.
The legal basis for this is either consent or contract depending on our relationship with you.
- If we are at an enquiry stage the legal basis for processing your personal data is Consent – (Article 6(1)(a)
- If you are a customer and we are fulfilling an order the legal basis for processing your personal data is Contract – (Article 6(1)(b)
The personal information we collect includes :-
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your company name
- Other information you provide to us by completing the form, email or telephone conversation.
What we do with this information
We use this information :-
- To provide you with information about our products and services
- To enable us to process your enquiries and obtain the products and services you require
- For account administration
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Fulfilment of any orders placed with us
- For marketing purposes (provided you have opted in)
We do not :-
- Share any of this information with third parties
- Use this information for secondary purposes
Where and how we store this information
This information is stored in encrypted form : –
- On our own servers and hard drives
- On trusted data processors servers
- Where data residency is outside the EEA , we have agreements with reputable data processors
- Our website uses SSL technology to ensure secure web traffic
When this data is stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Where we have a requirement for third parties to process data on our behalf, e.g. email and CRM activities we have tried to contract services where data residency is within the EEA . Where this is not possible, we have used processors that have suitable safeguard in place These safeguards meet EC Commission requirements for adequate levels of data protection through binding corporate rules, model clauses or EU standard contractual clauses
How long we keep this information
We keep this information for the time required to provide a service to you
Cookies and Analytics
When you visit our website, we anonymously collect :-
Information about your computer
- Operating System
- Search Engine
We do this by placing cookies on your system. Thesehelp us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Your rights of access to your information
You have the right :
- To access personal data held about you
- To object to processing (for example, direct marketing);
- To Data portability;
- To complain about processing carried out by the data controller;
- To object to automated decision making;
- For personal data to be updated
- To be to be forgotten.
We would process any such requests free of charge and within one month of the request. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the website contact form.